Nexus Enrollment Centers – 2019 | What Is Nexus Interview? Some explain NEXUS as the “Canadian variation of international Entrance” but that I actually don’t think that is quite true because this will mean the program just offers you expedited entry into Canada. However, this program is significantly over that.
NEXUS is a joint program between the US and Canada which will Grant pre-approved, low-risk travelers expedited entry to both Canada and the United States. Specifically, membership in the NEXUS program lets you reduce your wait times at designated ports of entry.
NEXUS is among a Hands High in Trusted Traveler Programs launched by U.S. Customs and Border Protection to expedite the entry process through immigration. The big difference with NEXUS is it also provides expedited entrance into Canada. And although NEXUS isn’t marketed as much as International Entrance, it’s arguably more valuable than Global Submission. Here is helpful information to NEXUS with everything you will need to understand.
Can I Get Into Canada With A Global Entry Card?
According to U.S. Customs and Border Protection,”NEXUS Members currently have crossing privileges at any atmosphere, soil, and marine ports of entry. Under the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI), the NEXUS card has been approved as an alternative to the passport for aviation in to the USA for both U.S. and Canadian citizens.” In fact, you’re not even required to have a passport to become member with NEXUS.
With that said, I’d still take my passport as you Never know what kind of customs representative you may encounter. They might be at the wrong in some instances by asking you to show your passport but when you’ve got it you have the potential to avert a lengthy, unnecessary ordeal.
Does Need a Nexus Background Check?
Exactly like World Wide Entrance, NEXUS will require you to clean a Background test. The distinction is that this background check also is filed to Canadian government, like the Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS), Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP).
Thus, if you’ve completed some of the following, there is a Chance that you may not qualify:
- Provide false or incomplete information on the program;
- Have been convicted of any criminal offense or possess pending Criminal fees or outstanding warrants (to add driving under the influence);
- Have been found in breach of some customs, immigration or Agriculture regulations or legislation in any country;
- Are the subject of a continuing investigation by any national, State or local law enforcement agency;
- Are inadmissible to the United States under immigration Law, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation; or even
- Can’t satisfy CBP or Canada Border Services Agency of your low-risk status
- Both the United States and Canada must approve your application. Denial of a program by country will Stop You from Engaging from the Nexus Enrollment Center, Sweetgrass, Montana 59484.
What Airports Could I Use Nexus Enrollment Centers?
NEXUS kiosks are located at the following airports:
- Calgary International Airport (YYC)
- Edmonton International Airport (YEG)
- Halifax Stanfield International Airport (YHZ)
- Montreal Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport (YUL)
- Ottawa Macdonald-Cartier International Airport (YOW)
- Toronto Pearson International Airport (YYZ)
- Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport (YTZ)
- Vancouver International Airport (YVR)
- Winnipeg James Armstrong Richardson Airport Terminal (YWG)
How Can I Apply For Nexus Enrollment Centers?
You apply for NEXUS at the Exact Same way you apply for World Wide Entry. Only produce a GOES account and follow the following steps in your own application. (There’s also a mail-in application option alternatively.)
Certainly one of the Main draws to the NEXUS program Is the program fee is only $50. That is surprising since NEXUS comes with both international Entry and TSA Pre-Check, which cost $100 and $75 respectively.